We aim to use mass spectrometry to reduce the harm caused by the SARS-Cov2 virus. We will share sample collection and processing protocols and all data that is obtained to maximise the benefit for all.
• To use mass spectrometry to minimise the harm from COVID-19
• To form a coalition of mass spectrometry labs with national points of contact
• To share methods and protocols and all data
• To map the viral antigens in blood and other bio-fluids to inform serological testing
• To assay (QC) compounds produced for serological tests kits
• To use mass spectrometry to inform vaccine and therapeutic developments (mapping viral proteins and their interactions)
• To develop methods to determine disease prognosis
• To develop methods to determine the lifetime of infective particles in the environment.